The first step to ensure your household’s safety against home invasions and natural disasters is purchasing a safe room. Proper installation of the safe room is the second step. And the final step is to equip your safe room with all the essential things you may need in case of an emergency. Here is a list of all the important things that you may need in a safe room.
- Water to Drink: Water is one of the most basic human needs. It is very important to keep an ample amount of fresh drinkable water in your safe room. It’s also advisable to keep some juices in stock as well if you have children.
- Food Storage: You may never know how long you may have to stay in your room. Therefore, it’s prudent to keep it stocked with at least a few days worth of food supplies. MREs and canned foods are a great choice to store in a safe room as they provide required nutrition and doest go bad that easy.
- Portable Toilet: Nature calls are as unpredictable as the weather in Texas. You may need a restroom during your time in the safe room. Having a portable toilet in your safe room will ensure your convenience, safety, and comfort.
- First Aid Box: If you’re locked in a safe room, it’s probably there’s an emergency. And the probability of injuring yourself in such a situation is high. Having a well-prepared first aid is essential at such a time. Stocking your first aid box with alcohol wipes, gauze pads, band-aids, and over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen and Benadryl can be beneficial.
5. Flash Light: you would never want to sit in the dark while you’re already in a safe room. A power outage can be very frustrating in these times. Keep flashlights and another battery-operated lighting handy in your safe room.
6. Duct Tape: From fixing a lamp to patching a hole in the wall, duct tape can assist you in several situations. The high functionality of duct tape makes it an essential item on our list.
7. Disposable Batteries: Keep several types of batteries in stock. This will ensure you have power for some other essential stuff like flashlights and wall clocks.
8. Armaments: Keeping armaments in a safe house can be very useful. One may need protection from wild animals or ill-intentioned intruders. Besides that, a knife can act as a multi-functional tool and can be used for various purposes.
9. Fire Extinguisher: A potential fire hazard can turn your safe room into a danger room. Keep a fire extinguisher handy to fight any fire hazard.
Always have reliable contractors to build and install your safe room. We are one such reliable contractor. We build and install concrete shelters, steel tornado shelters, underground garage shelters, and other types of safe rooms in Fort Worth, Dallas, and nearby areas. At Safe Rooms US, we make sure to built and install your safe room within ten days. Get a free shelter quote now.